Why buy skirting boards?
There are many good reasons to buy skirting boards. Basically, renovation of the apartment or room already costs a lot of money - especially when new flooring and wall paint must be purchased. Nevertheless, you should not do without skirting boards, because the advantages clearly outweigh the rather low cost:
- Skirting boards create a coherent ambience in the room and fully round off the design
- Skirting boards effectively connect the floor covering with the wall and thus hide the annoying expansion joint, where otherwise dirt and dust would accumulate
- Skirting boards are very easy to clean and are therefore the basis for hygiene and cleanliness in the apartment
- You have the option of hiding cables behind baseboards and skirting boards, so you can network your home in the best possible way without having to live with annoying cables
- Skirting boards are available for every budget - from inexpensive MDF skirting boards to slightly more expensive solid wood skirting boards
Finding the right skirting board - what should I look out for?
If you want to buy cheap skirting boards, there are a few things you should consider before you buy. For example, not every material is suitable for every room - especially in damp rooms such as the bathroom and sometimes the basement, special requirements should be met so that a skirting board lasts permanently and does not become brittle and cracked. But many other aspects also play an important role in the purchase. Therefore, you should carefully consider the baseboards before you decide to buy a particular skirting.
- What material is suitable for the premises? Can the baseboard you want to buy be used in wet rooms like the bathroom? How damp do I wipe through other premises? Do I need to go for a moisture resistant baseboard here as well?
- How much money do I want to spend on baseboards? Am I satisfied with a cheap MDF skirting board or do I want a durable, high-quality and also more expensive solid wood skirting board?
- Which profile suits my space? Do I want a more attractively designed baseboard or should it be a minimalist model?
- Which color choice is right for my taste? Do I want a wooden baseboard with a natural grain or would I prefer a painted baseboard, for example in black or white?
- Do I want the baseboard to match the exact same color scheme as the flooring, or do I want beautiful accents that give the room a very special ambiance?
- How do I want to attach the baseboards? Should the baseboard be clipped, glued or screwed in place? Is the desired fastening method suitable for the baseboard of my choice? Can I hide cables behind the baseboard despite the preferred mounting method?
The questions that arise before the purchase of a skirting board are therefore very comprehensive. In most cases, you can already make a suitable decision yourself when it comes to the right baseboard for your premises. If you need assistance in making a decision, of course, the friendly customer service of Leistenshop24 will be happy to help you - just contact our experienced and competent staff by phone, email or via our online contact form.
The different materials of skirting boards
If you have already taken a look at our large selection of different skirting boards, you will have already noticed the wide range of materials. We have different skirting boards for you in our assortment, which were created from the most different materials. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, which you should take a closer look at to make the right choice for your home.
- MDF skirting boards: our MDF skirting boards are made from a mixture of wood fibers and glue , which is mixed and formed into skirting boards. MDF baseboards have the advantage of being particularly resistant to bending and breaking. As a result, the baseboards made of MDF are considered to be very durable. At the same time, this material is very affordable, so limited budgets in particular benefit from MDF baseboards. Another advantage is that MDF baseboards are very easy to maintain and clean. The color selection is also particularly high here, as MDF baseboards can be painted flexibly. This means that MDF baseboards can be combined with almost any floor covering. However, you have to cut back here in terms of durability and impact resistance In addition, MDF baseboards are very susceptible to moisture and are therefore not suitable for the bathroom or kitchen.
- Solid wood skirting boards: This is definitely the absolute classic, for which, however, you have to dig deep into your pocket - because skirting boards made of solid wood are comparatively expensive. The neutral look of wood can be flexibly combined with carpeting, wooden floors or laminate. Solid wood is also extremely robust, since the skirting boards are created from a single piece of wood Any dents may occur over time, but can also be very easily sanded away. In addition, you benefit here from a wide selection, because solid wood baseboards can be purchased in the natural color scheme and untreated as well as lacquered baseboards made of solid wood or oiled baseboards made of solid wood. Solid wood baseboards are made of different woods and therefore also offer a special visual variety.
- Baseboards made ofwood: Baseboards made of wood are also completely natural baseboards, but they are somewhat cheaper than baseboards made of solid wood. But where is the difference? Quite simply, solid wood baseboards are made from a single piece of wood, while wood baseboards are often composed of several pieces of wood - especially the interior of the baseboard is usually found a very cheap and less robust wood, while the outer layer has been supplemented with more durable wood variants. Here, too, you benefit from an attractive, natural look and a wide selection.
Cheap baseboards and skirting boards buy online
If you want to buy cheap skirting boards online, Leistenshop24 is the right place for you! Take a look at our comprehensive range and find a baseboard or skirting board that exactly meets your requirements. We look forward to being able to advise you! If you have any questions, you can contact our competent customer service, which will be happy to advise you.